RBC Bank review: is it the best choice in Canada for you?
In this RBC Bank review you are going to find out what this bank has to offer and whether it’s for you. Read on to learn everything about one of Canada's most traditional banks.
RBC Bank: Excellent customer service and a wide variety of products and services for you to choose from.
In this article we are going to make an RBC Bank review. We are going to touch on some important points you should look at when considering becoming an RBC customer.
A survey conducted by the market and consumer data provider Statista revealed that RBC’s customers were among the most satisfied customers in Canada. The bank scored 794 out of 1,000, while the average among other Canadian top banks was 788.
But with customers becoming more and more demanding of their bank’s online banking experience, banks can no longer rely solely on their brick-and-mortar branches to conduct business in Montreal and Toronto. In fact, this is one of the dying trends of this decade.
This is one of the weak spots of RBC Bank. In spite of it being one of Canada’s biggest, oldest and most traditional banks, RBC has not been keeping up pace with the rapidly changing banking environment.
Customers have reported concerns about the reliability of remote access to the company’s website. They report constant crashes, transaction errors and a not very appealing look and feel. On the other hand, RBC Bank has been most praised by customers on the quality of its service. The bank’s staff is known for being courteous, polite and knowledgeable.
So if you want to know more about one of Canada’s most traditional banking institutions, keep reading our RBC Bank review below!
RBC Bank: should you start banking with it?
Our RBC Bank review wouldn’t be complete without a quick list of pros and cons. Now that you have been properly introduced to the bank, it is time to take a clear look at the pros and cons of having an account with them.
You will be redirected to another website
- The bank offers a wide variety of accounts for you to choose from. Whether you have complex financial management needs or one specific need, they have an account that should fit.
- RBC Bank offers excellent customer service. Customers have praised them by its current customers on the politeness and courteousness of its staff.
- They also offer a very broad scope of services and products. A few examples are credit cards, mortgages, loans and lines of credit, car loans, investments, insurance, and more.
- The bank is not in its best shape when it comes to its online presence, with an old looking and poorly functioning website which raises concerns among its customers.
- RBC Bank also doesn’t offer competitive interest rates. In times of high inflation, this can be a hard burden to drag along.
- The bank relies heavily on its call center for customer service, but customers have reported difficulties and sometimes even the inability to speak to a manager.
Credit scores required for the RBC Bank products
You are not required to have an excellent credit score in order to apply for a RBC Bank account, but once that is done you might want to check out their credit cards. Only then you should be concerned about your credit history, because each card has its own individual set of requirements.
RBC Bank application: how to do it?
With our RBC Bank review completed, you can open now an RBC Bank account directly on their webpage in 5 minutes or less. To do that you have to select the kind of account you’d like to open, answer a few questions the website will ask you, provide some basic information such as first and last name, email address, and a few other things, and you’re on your way.
If you’d like to see a more thorough walkthrough of this process, follow the link below.
About the author / Danilo Pereira
Marcus by Goldman Sachs Personal Loans application: how does it work?
The Marcus by Goldman Sachs Personal Loans application process is simple and you can find your loan options in under five minutes!Keep Reading
How to buy cheap Spirit Airlines flights
Learn how to buy cheap Spirit Airlines flights. With these tips, you can save money on your next trip. Read on!Keep Reading
You may also like
Lazy investing for starters: 3 fund portfolio
Looking for a lazy investing portfolio? You need to check out the 3 fund portfolio strategy. It’s profitable, it’s simple and it’s proven.Keep Reading
Cheap flights on SkyScanner: flights from $29.99
Use this app's unique features to learn how to save on your next trip with SkyScanner cheap flights. Read on!Keep Reading