Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card review
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card review will explore this card's main features, pros and cons, score required. Find out how you can save money on trips earning miles rewards with this card. Keep reading!
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card: enjoy a $0 intro annual fee for the first year
Are you looking for a travel rewards card to help you save money? Check out the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card review.
With this card, you’ll earn miles every time you use your card to make eligible purchases. Keep reading to find out more.
- Credit Score: Good to excellent;
- Annual Fee: Intro $0 for the first year, then $150 (see rates and fees);
- Regular APR: 20.99%-29.99% variable APR for purchases; variable 29.99% for cash advances (see rates and fees);
- Welcome bonus: Earn 70,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months;
- Rewards: 2 miles at U.S. supermarkets, dining at restaurants worldwide, including delivery and takeout in the U.S.; 2 miles on purchases made with Delta and 1 mile for other eligible purchases;
- Terms apply.
You will be redirected to another website
Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card: how does it work?
Amex and Delta Airlines issues the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card. With this, you’ll have amazing benefits to travel on a budget and earn miles on your purchases.
First, you’ll pay no foreign transaction fee. Also, you can save money on the intro $0 annual fee in the first year, then $150.
In addition, the APR is standard for an Amex card, too: variable 20.99% – 29.99% for purchases and 29.99% for cash advances.
Second, if you are a frequent flier with Delta airlines, you can have your first baggage free. Also, get $50 off the cost of your flight for every 5k miles you redeem with Pay with Miles when at delta.com.
Third, you can earn miles rewards on your purchases: 2 for purchases made with Delta, U.S. supermarkets, and dining at restaurants (worldwide), including delivery and takeout in the U.S.
Finally, you can make the most out of entertainment and shopping with American Express® Experiences, such as Broadway shows and concerts, sports events, and much more.
Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card: should you get one?
This card might be a good choice for you if you want to travel, earn rewards, and have free access to entertainment and checked baggage.
To help you understand more about the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card, look at some of the perks and drawbacks below:
- Earn 70,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory Annual Fee for the first year, then $150.
- Card Members get 15% off when using miles to book Award Travel on Delta flights through delta.com and the Fly Delta app. Discount not applicable to partner-operated flights or to taxes and fees.
- Enhanced! $200 Delta Flight Credit: After you spend $10,000 in purchases in a year, you can receive a $200 Delta Flight Credit to use toward future travel.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at U.S. Supermarkets and at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Receive Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights; board early, stow your carry-on bag and settle in sooner.
- New! $100 Delta Stays Credit: Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card Members can earn up to $100 back annually on eligible prepaid Delta Stays bookings on delta.com.
- Want even more flexibility? Take up to $50 off the cost of your flight for every 5,000 miles you redeem with Pay with Miles when you book on delta.com.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit on eligible Delta in-flight purchases after using your Card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- With Send & Split®, you can send money and split your Card purchases with any other Venmo or PayPal user, directly from the Amex App. Enroll today.
- Terms Apply.
- Rates & Fees
- Requires good/excellent credit.
Credit score required
You’ll need a good to excellent credit score if you want to apply for a Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card.
Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card application: how to do it?
Did you get interested in the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card review and want to know how to apply for this card? Learn about the application process in our post below!
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
About the author / Suzana Brito
Choose the best Social Welfare Programs for you!
Check out our guide to learn more about the social welfare programs available in the U.S., including who is eligible. Keep reading!Keep Reading
Capital One Spark Miles for Business application: how does it work?
Here's everything you need to know about the Capital One Spark Miles for Business card application. Keep reading!Keep Reading
Apply for the BMO CashBack® Business Mastercard®*: $0 annual fee!
Apply for the BMO CashBack® Business Mastercard®* and unlock exclusive rewards, security features, and financial benefits for your business.Keep Reading
You may also like
First Phase Visa® Card review
The First Phase Visa® Card review is about a credit card designed to repair credit. If you find yourself in this situation, keep reading!Keep Reading
American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp® application: how does it work?
Find out if the American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp® is right for you, and learn how to apply here. Read on!Keep Reading
Upgrade Cash Rewards Visa® application: how does it work?
If you're wondering how to apply for the Upgrade Cash Rewards Visa®, read this article to find out how to apply and enjoy its benefits.Keep Reading