American Express® Gold Card application: how does it work?
Amex card can be one of the best ones in the market! You can earn travel and shopping rewards with the American Express® Gold Card! So, read on to learn about the application process!
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
American Express® Gold Card: the perfect card for those who like to travel and dine
If you’re looking for a travel and shopping rewards credit card that comes with some extra perks, the American Express® Gold Card may be a good option.
But how does the application process work, and what are the requirements? Keep reading to learn more.
You will be redirected to another website
The Amex Gold Card application starts with a pre-qualification process. Before you try to apply for one, make sure you meet the requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You need to have a valid social security number.
- You need to be an American citizen or authorized resident.
- You ought to have at least a good score.
If you fit the profile, you are ready to pre-qualification. First, visit the American Express website and fill out the pre-qualification form.
Then you’ll have to provide some typical personal and financial information. Also, you can read the terms and conditions.
When you submit it, you’ll have a response in seconds declaring if you are approved or not to get an American Express® Gold Card.
If you do, you’ll receive a text message to download the app and manage your account.
Apply using the app
When you download the American Express® Gold Card app, you can see your account and access the card’s features.
Then you will be able to order your physical card – pick the gold or pink design – and activate it to use online and in-stores in the U.S and worldwide.
Also, you can use the app to manage your account, check your balance and see rewards terms and redemption options.
The app is available to Androids and iPhones. However, you can not use it to qualify and apply for a card.
Instead, you’ll only access it with an authorized account if you are approved. If you want to apply, visit the American Express website.
American Express® Gold Card vs. Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card
If you aren’t sure about the American Express® Gold Card, look at the Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card.
This option offers up to 3% cash back for travel (you choose the category). It has no annual fee and is also a smart choice for travelers.
Below, you’ll find an overview of both cards’ features. If you decide to go with the Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card, read the article by the end of the page.
American Express® Gold Card
- Credit Score: Good/ Excellent;
- Annual Fee: $250 (see rates and fees);
- Regular APR: See Pay Over Time APR (see rates and fees);
- Welcome bonus: 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Rewards: 4x points at worldwide restaurants and delivery in the U.S; 4x points at U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 in purchases/year) (terms apply);
- Other rewards: 3x points on flights booked through airlines or on amextravel.com; and 1x point on other qualifying purchases (terms apply).
Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card
- Credit Score: Excellent;
- Annual Fee: $0;
- Regular APR: 16.24% to 26.24% variable for purchases;
- Welcome bonus: $200 online cash rewards after at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months after opening the account;
- Rewards: up to 3% cashback in an eligible category you choose; 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs; and 1% cash back on any other purchase.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
About the author / Suzana Brito
Integra Credit Personal Loan review: how does it work and is it good?
Read our Integra Credit Personal Loan review to weigh its pros and cons! Pay $0 origination or prepayment fees! Stick with us and learn!Keep Reading
Sallie Mae Student Loan review: how does it work and is it good?
In this Sallie Mae Student Loan review you will learn about what it is, whether this is the right loan for you and its pros and cons.Keep Reading
Total Visa® Credit Card review: Visa card for people with poor credit
The Total Visa® Credit Card targets your bad score. Rebuild credit. Get it right now with an online application. Check it out!Keep Reading
You may also like
Cheap WestJet flights: low fares from $49.99
Learn more about WestJet cheap flights to 108 destinations, their baggage policy, and how to check- in online!Keep Reading
Condo vs. apartment: the pros and cons
Understand the difference between condo vs. apartments, and learn what to consider before choosing one of them. Read on!Keep Reading
Cash Back for Heavy Spenders: PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card review
Our PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card review gives you the information you need to decide. Earn a $200 bonus and much more!Keep Reading