United℠ Explorer Card review
Read out this United℠ Explorer Card review to familiarize yourself with this travel card that offers great rewards for frequent travelers, including a 50,000-mile sign-up bonus. Plus, there's no annual fee for the first year. Read on!
United℠ Explorer Card: The Ultimate Travel Companion
Are you ready to travel with ease? In today’s United℠ Explorer Card review, you’ll understand how to earn miles that make your travels more enjoyable.
From checked bags and discounts on food and beverages, the United℠ Explorer Card can help you get the most out of your travels. Let’s look at what this card has to offer. Read on!
- Credit Score: Good to excellent;
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year, $95 after that;
- Regular APR: 21.99% – 28.99% variable APR for purchases and balance transfers; 29.99% variable APR for cash advances;
- Welcome Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- Rewards: 2 miles for each dollar spent on purchases from United, including tickets, Economy Plus®, inflight food, beverages, Wi-Fi, and others; 2 miles per $1 spent on dining, including qualifying delivery services;
- Other Rewards: 2 miles per $1 spent on hotel accommodations (valid for when you purchase directly with the hotel); and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases;
- Terms apply.
United℠ Explorer Card: how does it work?
United℠ Explorer Card offers some great rewards for frequent travelers.
When you sign up for the card, you can earn 60,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of opening your account.
Plus, there’s no annual fee for the first year. After that, you’ll pay $95.
You can also earn 2x miles on dining, hotel stays, and United® purchases — so make sure to use your card whenever possible when booking flights or hotels.
The card also offers great savings opportunities, such as up to $100 Global Entry/TSA PreCheck®/NEXUS fee credit.
Get a statement credit of up to 25% when you use your Explorer Card for food, drinks, and Wi-Fi onboard United-operated flights. Plus, indulge in Club premium beverages with the same rewards.
Packing for a trip just got even better – you can now save up to $140 with our free first-checked bag. That’s one less thing off your list, so all that remains is getting ready to soar. (Terms and Conditions apply).
Also, you can upgrade your travel experience with special access to priority boarding and exclusive United Club℠ privileges. Enjoy two one-time passes each year on the anniversary of your card membership.
You will be redirected to another website
- Foreign transaction fee: $0;
- Balance Transfer: $5 or 5%, whichever is greater;
- Cash Advance: $10 or 10%, whichever is greater.
United℠ Explorer Card: should you get one?
United℠ Explorer Card is an excellent choice for anyone looking to access multiple benefits on travels while saving. But is it right for you? Let’s compare this card’s pros and cons to help you decide.
- Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining, hotel stays, and United® purchases.
- Up to $100 Global Entry, TSA PreCheck® or NEXUS fee credit.
- 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi on board United-operated flights and on Club premium drinks when you pay with your Explorer Card.
- Free first checked bag – a savings of up to $140 per roundtrip. Terms Apply.
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club(SM) with 2 one-time passes each year.
- Member FDIC.
- There’s an annual fee;
- Rewards are limited.
Credit score required
You’ll want an impressive credit score to get the United℠ Explorer Card. Anything from good to excellent will do (690-850).
United℠ Explorer Card application: how to do it?
Ready to take your travels further? Learn how to apply for the United℠ Explorer Card, and let it help you earn miles for all your purchases – and make every adventure more memorable.
Check out our post below for instructions.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
About the author / Suzana Brito
How to stop smartphone hackers? Follow these 10 FBI tips
Cybercrime is still on the rise and hackers are getting craftier. Protect your devices with these ten easy FBI tips. Read on for more!Keep Reading
Learn to apply easily for the Figure Home Equity Line
How to apply for the Figure Home Equity Line? Let us guide you through the process with our useful tips! Get up to $400K! Check it out!Keep Reading
Earn more: Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card review
Discover the ultimate business hotel card with our Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card review - earn valuable points!Keep Reading
You may also like
GO2bank Checking review: Earn up to 7% cash back
Read our complete GO2bank Checking review and learn about this checking account. Earn up to 7% cash back. Let's get started!Keep Reading
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card review
Read our Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card review if you want a top-of-the-line credit card with travel benefits!Keep Reading
Rocket Loans review: how does it work and is it good?
Get the financial flexibility you need with this Rocket Loans review! Up to $45,000 with fast funding. Read on and learn more.Keep Reading