Extra Debit Card review: use debit to boost your credit
Do you want to build your credit by paying with debt? Then this Extra Debit Card review may be just what you need! No credit check required! Read on!
Extra Debit Card: earn cash back on purchases
Did you know you can build credit with a debit card? In this comprehensive Extra Debit Card review, we’ll introduce you to this revolutionary way of boosting credit.
Discover how this simple strategy could help you build your credit faster.
- Credit Score: All credits considered;
- Annual Fee: See terms;
- Regular APR: 0%;
- Welcome bonus: N/A;
- Rewards: Earn up to 1% in points.
Extra Debit Card: how does it work?
The Extra Debit Card proposes a new way to build credit. You’ll make a purchase, and Extra pays the merchant instantly.
After one day, Extra will connect to your checking account and take the money for the transaction.
Then at the end of the month, the amount you spent using this card will be reported as a credit to two bureaus of credit.
You will be redirected to another website
Fees and rewards
The Extra Debit Card comes with two different plans:
- The Credit Building Plan: $149/year or $20/month;
- Credit Building Plan Rewards: $199/year or $25/month.
You’ll turn your monthly spending into credit reports with the first plan.
However, with the second plan, you earn 5 points for every dollar spent (1 point equals 0.2 cents) to redeem in electric toothbrushes, gift cards, AirPods, and more.
There are no transaction fees because this card can’t be used internationally.
Credit utilization ratio
One of the best things about using this card is that it can help improve your credit utilization ratio, which is an important factor in determining your overall credit score.
The lower your utilization ratio, the better your score will be. So using about 30% of your purchase power is recommended every month.
Extra Debit Card: should you get one?
You could enjoy the Extra Debit card if you struggle to get credit card approval because of bad credit. However, it comes with a high annual fee.
So you’d better review the Extra Debit Card pros and cons before you decide if this alternative works for you.
- Extra is the first debit card that helps you build your credit and earns up to 1% back in points for everyday purchases like gas, coffee and your phone bills.¹
- No interest. No credit checks. No deposit required.
- Track your spending & credit score—follow your progress with Credit Journey on the Extra App
- Earn reward points—earn up to 1% back in points with every purchase and redeem them for cool products in the Extra Rewards Store¹
- Use your bank—keep your money where you want, while spending smarter with Extra.¹
- ¹The Extra Debit Card is issued by Evolve Bank & Trust or Patriot Bank N.A. (Member FDIC), pursuant to a license by Mastercard International. Line of credit provided by Lead Bank. Extra is responsible for credit reporting and reports on time and late payments, which may impact a credit bureau’s determination of your credit score. Rewards points only available with rewards plan.
- High annual fee;
- It doesn’t report to TransUnion.
Credit score required
No credit check is necessary to get the Extra Debit Card because it’s not a credit card, so there are no minimum score requirements.
Extra Debit Card application: how to do it?
How to start building your score using debit? So apply for the Extra Debit Card in no time with our application guide below!
The Extra Debit Card is issued by Evolve Bank & Trust or Patriot Bank N.A. (Member FDIC), pursuant to a license by Mastercard International. Loans provided by Lead Bank. Extra is responsible for credit reporting and reports on time and late payments, which may impact a credit bureau’s determination of your credit score. Rewards points only available with rewards plan.
About the author / Suzana Brito
How to buy cheap flights on Kayak
Do you want to save big on your flights? Check out how to buy cheap flights using Kayak. Flights from $29.99! Read on!Keep Reading
Facts about credit cards: 7 important things you didn’t know
Some facts about credit cards are unknown to many users. We recommend you to read this article with some tips to master your cards.Keep Reading
You may also like
Best investments for beginner investors: an easy guide on funds and more!
You can find the best investments for beginner investors here, on this content. Don't waste any more time and learn about this topic.Keep Reading
Best secured credit cards with no credit check: easiest to get!
Pick one of the best secured credit cards with no credit check to fix your credit score. This will help you in the future for sure!Keep Reading
What to do if I didn’t get my Stimulus Check? 
Here are some tips on what to do if you're one of the millions of Americans who haven't received their stimulus check yet. Read on!Keep Reading