Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card review
If you're looking for an American Express credit card that will give you access to airport lounges, the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card review is for you. Keep reading!
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: enjoy access to The Centurion® Lounge and Delta Sky Club® in airports across the globe!
If you’re in the market for a new travel rewards credit card, you’ll want to look closely at the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card review.
With this card, you can earn miles for eligible purchases. And you can use them for flights and other experiences with Delta and its partners.
Also, you’ll enjoy plenty of other benefits, like complimentary Delta Sky Club® access. Read on to learn more about what makes this card stand out from the competition!
- Credit Score: at least 700 (good to excellent);
- Annual Fee: $650 (see rates and fees);
- Regular APR: variable 20.99%-29.99% for purchases (based on your creditworthiness and other factors); and variable 29.99% for cash advances (see rates and fees);
- Welcome bonus: Earn 100,000 bonus miles after you spend $6,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months;
- Rewards: 3x miles on eligible Delta purchases; 1x miles on general purchases;
- Terms apply.
You will be redirected to another website
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: how does it work?
The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card is a premium co-branded card issued by Delta Air Lines® and American Express®.
If you are a frequent Delta flier, this card will allow you to enjoy many perks. See how it works next in our Delta SkyMiles® Reserve review:
With Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card, it’s easier to achieve Medallion Status on Delta airlines.
That means you might have priority boarding and check-in, for example.
You can earn $2,500 Medallion® Qualification Dollars each Medallion Qualification Year and get closer to Status with MQD Headstart.
Second, you can have complimentary access to Delta Sky Club® and The Centurion® Lounge.
Third, you can earn 100,000 bonus miles after you spend $6,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
Also, you will earn 3X miles on Delta purchases, plus 1X miles on other eligible purchases.
Still, you can save 20% in statement credit for some eligible in-flight purchases with Delta.
2. Shopping and Entertainment
You can get return protection for purchases made in U.S. territories. The offer is valid for eligible items for 3 months from the date of purchase (terms apply).
You can also get purchase protection, concierge service, fraud protection, and much more (terms apply).
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: should you get one?
If you like to travel with Delta Airlines, this might be a good card for you. Check the pros and cons next in our Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card review to help you decide.
- Earn 100,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $6,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Delta Sky Club® when traveling on a same-day Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight. You will receive four Delta Sky Club One-Time Guest Passes each year. After that, you may bring up to two guests at a per-visit rate of $50 per person, per location. Effective 2/1/25, Reserve Card Members will receive 15 Visits per year to the Delta Sky Club; to earn an unlimited number of Visits each year starting on 2/1/25, the total eligible purchases on the Card must equal $75,000 or more between 1/1/24 and 12/31/24, and each calendar year thereafter.
- Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book a Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Receive $2,500 Medallion® Qualification Dollars each Medallion Qualification Year and get closer to Status with MQD Headstart.
- Earn $1 Medallion® Qualification Dollar for each $10 of purchases made on your Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card in a calendar year and get a boost toward achieving elevated Medallion Status for next Medallion Year.
- Receive a Companion Certificate on First Class, Delta Comfort+®, or Main Cabin domestic, Caribbean, or Central American roundtrip flights to select destinations each year after renewal of your Card. The Companion Ticket requires payment of the government-imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights and no more than $250 for roundtrip international flights (both for itineraries with up to four flight segments). Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- $240 Resy Credit: With the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card Resy Credit, earn up to $20 per month in statement credits on eligible Resy purchases using your enrolled Card.
- $120 Rideshare Credit: You can earn up to $10 back in statement credits each month on U.S. rideshare purchases with select providers after you pay with your Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card. Enrollment Required.
- Eligible Card Members get 15% off when using miles to book Award Travel on Delta flights through delta.com and the Fly Delta app. Discount not applicable to partner-operated flights or to taxes and fees.
- With your Card receive upgrade priority over other Medallion Members within the same Medallion level and fare class.
- Not a Medallion Member? Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card Members with an eligible ticket will be added to the Complimentary Upgrade list, after Delta SkyMiles Medallion Members and Reserve Card Members. Ticket must be purchased on or after February 1, 2024 to be eligible to receive a complimentary upgrade.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®: Receive $100 back for Global Entry or $85 back for TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Official Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
Even more flexibility
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- $200 Delta Stays Statement Credit: Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card Members can earn up to $200 back in the form of a statement credit annually on eligible prepaid Delta Stays bookings on delta.com.
- Transform your car rental experience with Hertz President’s Circle Status, compliments of your Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card. Enrollment in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program is required. To receive the benefit, you must add your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Account number to your SkyMiles Account associated with your Eligible Card, register at delta.com/mypromos/eligible, and “Enroll in Promotion” at delta.com/hertz.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Want even more flexibility? Take up to $50 off the cost of your flight for every 5,000 miles you redeem with Pay with Miles when you book on delta.com.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- $650 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
- Relatively high annual fee;
- Complimentary access is only for one person.
Credit score required
The credit score required for Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card is good to excellent.
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card application: how to do it?
If you’ve enjoyed this Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card review, keep reading to know how to apply for the card. Read our post below to find out!
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
About the author / Suzana Brito
U.S. Bank Smartly™ Checking review: Is it right for you?
Take a deep dive into this U.S. Bank Smartly™ Checking review. Open your account with only $25. Read on and learn how!Keep Reading
Choose the perfect loan for you: see the best options!
Wondering what to consider in a loan? Learn how to choose a loan, what to look for, and much more. Read on!Keep Reading
US Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card review: is it worth it?
Enjoy introductory bonus and restaurant rewards with the US Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® credit card. Learn all about it!Keep Reading
You may also like
Do credit card rewards make you spend more?
Are you wondering if credit card rewards make you spend more? We'll show how you can avoid it and make the best out of credit cards.Keep Reading
Another bad week for Tesla’s stock prices
Tesla shares took another big hit this week. Will the latest fall endanger Elon Musk's deal to acquire Twitter? Read on for more!Keep Reading
First Access Visa® Card application: how does it work?
Learn how the First Access Visa® Card application works and why you should consider applying for this credit card. Keep reading!Keep Reading