Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card review
If you're looking for an American Express credit card that will give you access to airport lounges, the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card review is for you. Keep reading!
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: enjoy access to The Centurion® Lounge and Delta Sky Club® in airports across the globe!
If you’re in the market for a new travel rewards credit card, you’ll want to look closely at the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card review.
With this card, you can earn miles for eligible purchases. And you can use them for flights and other experiences with Delta and its partners.
Also, you’ll enjoy plenty of other benefits, like complimentary Delta Sky Club® access. Read on to learn more about what makes this card stand out from the competition!
- Credit Score: at least 700 (good to excellent);
- Annual Fee: $550 (see rates and fees);
- Regular APR: variable 20.99%-29.99% for purchases (based on your creditworthiness and other factors); and variable 29.99% for cash advances (see rates and fees);
- Welcome bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months;
- Rewards: 3x miles on eligible Delta purchases; 1x miles on general purchases;
- Terms apply.
You will be redirected to another website
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: how does it work?
The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card is a premium co-branded card issued by Delta Air Lines® and American Express®.
If you are a frequent Delta flier, this card will allow you to enjoy many perks. See how it works:
With Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card, it’s easier to achieve Medallion Status on Delta airlines.
That means you might have priority boarding and check-in, for example.
You’ll earn 15,000 MQMs (Medallion Qualification Miles) if you spend $30,000 in purchases a year, up to four times yearly.
Second, you can have complimentary access to Delta Sky Club® and The Centurion® Lounge.
Third, you can earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
Also, you will earn 3X miles on Delta purchases, plus 1X miles on other eligible purchases.
Still, you can save 20% in statement credit for some eligible in-flight purchases with Delta.
And, If you are traveling with nine other people on the same Delta reservation, your first bag will be checked for free.
2. Shopping and Entertainment
You can get return protection for purchases made in U.S. territories. The offer is valid for eligible items for 3 months from the date of purchase (terms apply).
You can also get purchase protection, concierge service, fraud protection, and much more (terms apply).
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: should you get one?
If you like to travel with Delta Airlines, this might be a good card for you. Check the pros and cons next in our Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card review to help you decide.
- Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
- Enjoy Delta Sky Club® access at no cost and bring up to two guests or immediate family at a rate of $50 per person per visit. Effective 2/1/25, Reserve Card Members will receive 10 Visits per year to the Delta Sky Club; to earn an unlimited number of Visits each year starting on 2/1/25, the total eligible purchases on the Card must equal $75,000 or more between 1/1/24 and 12/31/24, and each calendar year thereafter.
- Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book a Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- With Status Boost®, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card through 12/31/23, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different from the miles you earn towards flights. Effective 1/1/24, this benefit will no longer be available, and there will be a new way to earn toward Medallion Status with the Card. Learn more at delta.com/skymilesprogramchanges.
- Eligible Card Members get 15% off when using miles to book Award Travel on Delta flights through delta.com and the Fly Delta app. Discount not applicable to partner-operated flights or to taxes and fees.
- Receive a domestic First Class, Delta Comfort+® or domestic Main Cabin round trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Official Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
- Relatively high annual fee;
- Complimentary access is only for one person.
Credit score required
The credit score required for Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card is good to excellent.
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card application: how to do it?
If you’ve enjoyed this Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card review, keep reading to know how to apply for the card. Read our post below to find out!
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
About the author / Suzana Brito
Mission Money debit card review: is it legit and worth it?
Maybe you're wondering if you should get a Mission Money debit card. If you're looking for a fee-free debit card, the answer is yes!Keep Reading
What are the chances of the US going into another recession?
The recent economic volatility has many people worried about recession fears. But just how high is the risk of another crash?Keep Reading
Learn to apply easily for the Best Egg Personal Loans
We'll show you how easy it is to apply for Best Egg Personal Loans. Plus, learn about the benefits of borrowing with them. Check it out!Keep Reading
You may also like
Simplify experience: PayPal Prepaid Mastercard® Review
Get the full scoop on the PayPal Prepaid Mastercard® in our review. Ensure a hassle-free process and grant the card you need! Read on!Keep Reading
Select the Best Credit Card for Your Needs and Apply Today
Discover the smart way to select a credit card for your financial needs: Types, fees, and choosing criteria. Read on!Keep Reading