The Business Platinum Card® from American Express application: how does it work?
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express offers online management and credit statements for many top brands that will help you boost your company. Read on to learn how to apply!
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: Access to Delta Airlines airport lounges worldwide
Are you looking for a business credit card with great travel rewards? The Business Platinum Card® from American Express may be a good fit for you. Read on to learn about the application process!
This article will explain how the application process works and what you can expect if approved.
You will be redirected to another website
The application for The Business Platinum Card® from American Express is online, and you can make it on their website.
When you try to apply for a business card account, you, as an individual and official authorizing officer of the company, are authorizing American Express to open a company account with them.
So, you’ll be agreeing to use the card for business purposes. If you want to have The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, make sure you meet the requirements:
- You must have at least good credit;
- You need to be at least 18 years old;
- You must be a U.S resident.
Once you have that, you can start the pre-qualification process at the Amex website. You’ll have to provide personal and business information, credit score, and other typical data there.
Amex will then analyze your request based on the information provided and see if you qualify for their card. If so, you’ll receive a confirmation answer from them.
Apply using the app
American Express has apps for both iPhones and Androids.
You can download them once you have an account to manage it, check your balances and see your rewards, and make payments.
However, you can not use the mobile app to complete any application process.
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express vs. Luxury Titanium Card
If The Business Platinum Card® from American Express is not what you want, look at our review for the Luxury Titanium Card.
This card hosts many benefits for people who want access to premium travel features, such as credit at hotels and resorts and 24/7 Concierge Assistance.
Below, you will find a comparison of these premium card features to help you decide which one is best for your needs.
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- Credit Score: Good to excellent;
- Annual Fee: $695 (see rates and fees);
- Regular APR: 19.49% – 27.49% Variable for purchases (see rates and fees);
- Welcome bonus: Earn 130k Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $15k on eligible purchases in the first 3 months;
- Rewards: 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on AmexTravel.com, and 1X points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases.
- Other rewards: Earn 1.5X points (that’s an extra half point per dollar) on each eligible purchase at US construction material, hardware suppliers, electronic goods retailers, and software & cloud system providers, and shipping providers, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else, on up to $2 million of these purchases per calendar year.
Luxury Titanium Card
- Credit Score: Good to excellent.
- Annual Fee: $195 ($95 for each authorized user);
- Regular APR: variable 17.24% APR for purchases and balance transfers (0% intro APR for the first 15 cycles) and 27.49% for Cash Advances (terms apply);
- Welcome bonus: No welcome bonus;
- Rewards: 1% cash back redemptions; 2% value for airfare redemptions (terms apply).
If you like the Luxury card, you can read our post below to learn all about how to apply for it!
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
About the author / Suzana Brito
Learn to apply easily for the Bad Credit Loans
Need a loan fast, but have bad credit? Don't worry! Our step-by-step guide lets you easily learn how to apply for Bad Credit Loan. Read on!Keep Reading
Milestone® Mastercard® – Less Than Perfect Credit Considered review
This credit card is a good option to rebuild your score. Check out the Milestone® Mastercard® - Less Than Perfect Credit Considered review!Keep Reading
Earn more: Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card review
Discover the ultimate business hotel card with our Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card review - earn 3 Free Night Awards!Keep Reading
You may also like
How do travel credit cards work?
How do travel credit cards work? Find the answer here, and learn how to take advantage of them in your next adventure. Read on!Keep Reading
Happy Money Personal Loan review: how does it work and is it good?
Read the Happy Money personal loan review to understand how it works and how it might benefit you. Check it out!Keep Reading
Discontinued Apple products are worth thousands online
If you've got an old Apple product lying around, it could be worth a lot of money. Here's how to find out if your device is worth selling.Keep Reading