Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card review: is it worth it?
Wondering if the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is right for you? Find out how this card can help you earn miles, what its benefits are, and if it's worth considering.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card: high rewards rate in every purchase to help you travel around
If you’re a traveler who likes to earn miles, the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card could be a good fit for you.
This card comes with some generous rewards and perks, making it well worth considering if you’re in the market for a new credit card.
Keep reading to learn more about what this card has to offer and see if it’s the right choice for you.
|Regular APR||21.24% – 29.24% variable APR for purchases and balance transfers; 29.24% variable APR for cash advances|
Balance Transfer Fee:
$0 at the Transfer APR, 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that Capital One may offer to you.
|Welcome bonus||New Venture cardholders can earn 75,000 miles once they spend $4,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening|
|Rewards*||2 miles per dollar on every purchase|
Earn 5X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
For frequent travelers, the Capital One Venture Rewards is a good recommendation. It comes with a generous welcome bonus and keeps on giving you miles in every purchase.
That’s one advantage among other travel cards that only reward travel purchases. Of course, the rewards are more considerable for purchasing with the Capital One Travel service.
You can also get the welcome bonus of 75,000 miles if you spend $4,000 on purchases in the three months from your account opening.
Every clever traveler knows that having a travel rewards credit card will help you turn your expenses into money on your hands again.
Educating yourself to be a rewards strategist can help you save thousands of dollars annually.
On top of the rewards program, this card offers other perks for the cardholder. It has excellent insurance benefits for travel and car rentals. Also, get VIP access to selected events and culinary experiences.
You will be redirected to another website
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card: should you get one?
Take a look at some pros and cons of this card to help you decide if you should get one or not:
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 75,000 miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel.
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
- Earn 5X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you’ll get Capital One’s best prices on thousands of trip options.
- Miles won’t expire for the life of the account and there’s no limit to how many you can earn.
- Receive up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®.
- Enjoy two complimentary visits per year to Capital One Lounges or to 100+ Plaza Premium Lounges through the Partner Lounge Network.
- Use your miles to get reimbursed for any travel purchase – or redeem by booking a trip through Capital One Travel.
- Enrich every hotel stay from the Lifestyle Collection with a suite of cardholder benefits, like a $50 experience credit, room upgrades, and more.
- Transfer your miles to your choice of 15+ travel loyalty programs.
- Requires good/excellent credit score.
- If you choose to redeem your miles as cashback they will value only $0,005 CPM.
- Doesn’t have good options to redeem miles into domestic travel.
Credit scores required
Like most travel cards, the Capital One Venture Reward Credit Card requires a good to excellent credit score. If you’re not there yet, build your credit score with responsible use of your credit limit.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card application: how to do?
The application for this card is online. To learn the step-by-step and eligibility requirements, check the following content. The Mad Capitalist will tell you how to apply for it.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
For Capital One products listed on this page, some of the above benefits are provided by Visa® or Mastercard® and may vary by product. See the respective Guide to Benefits for details, as terms and exclusions apply.
About the author / Julia Bermudez
Learn to easily apply for the Upgrade Personal Loan
Are you looking for personal loans of up to $50,000? If so, read our post to learn how to apply for Upgrade Personal Loan!Keep Reading
Prime Visa Card application: how does it work?
If you're an Amazon Prime member, the Prime Visa Credit Card is a great way to earn rewards on your purchases. Learn how to apply here!Keep Reading
Alaska Airlines Visa® Credit Card application: how does it work?
Interested in the details of the Alaska Airlines Visa® Credit Card application? Find out all of them here. Keep reading!Keep Reading
You may also like
How to Invest in a Mutual Fund: Essential Techniques for Success
Find out the essential techniques on how to invest in a mutual fund and reach investment success. Learn more!Keep Reading
QuickLoanLink review: how does it work and is it good?
Read the QuickLoanLink review and find out how you can get a loan even if you have a bad score. Check it out!Keep Reading
Citi Premier® Card review: The perfect card for traveling?
Do you need a card with travel rewards? Weigh the pros and cons, and learn how this card works in the Citi Premier® Card review. Read on!Keep Reading