Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® application: how does it work?
Are you wondering how to apply for the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® and what you can expect along the way? We've got you covered. Read on to learn more!
by Suzana Brito
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®: It takes only a few minutes to apply!
If you want to apply for the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®, you’ve come to the right place.
This post will overview the card and explain how to apply. We’ll also tell you the requirements necessary for that. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
To apply for the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®, you’ll need some basic personal information and financials.
First, there’s a form on their website that asks what type of income or payment method people have available – this will help them decide if your application is qualified enough.
Also, it requires you to fill out some personal information. Next, agree with the terms & conditions before submitting it. Then wait for a response of approval.
You’ll receive an email telling you whether you got accepted or denied.
You will be redirected to another website
Apply using the app
Citibank has a simple and easy-to-use app for iPhones, Android smartphones, and tablets.
You can manage your account information, including checking the balance from anywhere in the comfort of your home or work, without leaving everything on screen.
But they don’t provide an option for applying through this platform, so we recommend accessing their website instead.
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® vs. Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards
Finding a rewards card isn’t always easy, and we want to help! If Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® isn’t what you are after, maybe the Bank of America Customized Cash RewardsCard is.
On the one hand, the first card rewards you with miles on some daily expenses.
On the other hand, Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards offers an amazing $200 online cash back bonus and 3% on all purchases made in one category of your choice.
Now compare both cards side by side with our short review below:
Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard
- Credit Score: 670 or higher;
- Annual Fee: $0 intro annual fee in your first year, then $99;
- Regular APR: 20.99% – 29.99% variable on purchases and balance transfers (depending on your creditworthiness); 29.99% variable APR for cash advances;
- Welcome bonus: Earn 50K American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles if you spend $2,500 in purchases during the first 3 months of account opening;
- Rewards: 2x miles for each dollar you spend at restaurants and gas stations; 2x miles for each dollar you spend on qualifying American Airlines purchases;
- Other rewards: 1x mile for every dollar you spend on any other card purchase.
- Terms apply.
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards
- Credit Score: Good;
- Annual Fee: $0;
- Regular APR: 0% intro APR for your first 18 billing cycles for purchases and any balance transfers you make in your first 60 days. Then, 16.99% – 26.99% (variable);
- Welcome bonus: $200 online cash rewards bonus (valid after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in your first 90 days from your account opening);
- Rewards: 3% cash back in a category you choose, 2% cash back for grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 1% cash back on other purchases.
- Terms apply.
Do you want to know more about the Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards? Check out our post below, and learn how to apply for it. Read on!
How to apply for Bank of America Customized Cash
Learn how to apply for the Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards card and get yourself a credit card with a rewards program that you can tailor to your spending habits.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
What are student loans: a 101 guide to finance your studies
Read on to find out what are student loans, the different types available and what you can do if you're struggling to make payments.Keep Reading
Savings vs. checking accounts: Understand the difference
Unclear on the difference between savings vs checking accounts? This quick guide has you covered! Learn how to utilize both accounts best!Keep Reading
Honest Loans review: how does it work and is it good?
The Honest Loans review is a good way to understand how a loan with them works, its pros and cons, and more. Keep reading!Keep Reading
You may also like
Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi review
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi review will help you decide if it's the right card for your business. Read on!Keep Reading
How to prepare for buying a house in 2023
Are you planning on buying a house within the next year? Check out these tips to get yourself prepared! Read on.Keep Reading
Citi® Double Cash Card review: is it worth it?
The Citi® Double Cash Card has no annual fee and you can earn cashback on every purchase. Learn more about it by reading this review!Keep Reading