American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp® application: how does it work?
Learn what kind of credit you need to get approved, how the application process works, and who's eligible for the American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp®!
by Suzana Brito
American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp®: Apply faster than an airplane
If you’re looking for a travel card that’s easy to use, the American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp® could be a good option.
This card will bring your miles up on everyday purchases. Read on for more details about the application!
Applying for the American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp® is quick and easy.
First, complete the application form. You’ll need to enter basic personal and financial information, such as income and address.
Then agree to the terms and conditions of the card. Finally, submit your application. You’ll receive an email with an approval response.
It’s important to mention that this card maintenance depends on an American Airlines AAdvantage account. So, if you don’t have one, open it.
You will be redirected to another website
Apply using the app
Citibank offers a simple and easy-to-use app for iPhones, Android smartphones, and tablets.
You can manage your account information, including checking your balance, from the comfort of your home or work.
But there isn’t an option to apply directly through this platform, so we recommend accessing their website.
American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp® vs. US Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature®
The US Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature Card is a great everyday reward credit card to earn points on gas and dining purchases and redeem for cash back.
On the other hand, the American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp® is good for travelers to earn miles on their purchases and have travel perks. Check out the comparison between them.
American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp®
- Credit Score: Good to excellent;
- Annual Fee: $0;
- Regular APR: 20.49% – 29.49% variable APR for purchases and balance transfers (depending on your creditworthiness); 29.74% variable APR for cash advances;
- Welcome bonus: Earn 10K American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles, plus a $50 statement credit after $500 spent in purchases during the first 3 months;
- Rewards: 2x miles for each dollar spent at grocery stores; 2x miles for each dollar spent on qualifying American Airlines purchases;
- Other rewards: 1x mile for each dollar spent on any other purchase; 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage on American Airlines flights.
US Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card
- Credit Score: Excellent;
- Annual Fee: $0;
- Regular APR: 0% intro APR for the first 12 months for purchases and balance transfer, then 18.74% to 27.74% variable;
- Welcome bonus: Earn 20K bonus points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days to redeem gift cards, travels, and more;
- Rewards: 4x points on dining, takeout, and restaurant delivery, 2 points at grocery stores, grocery delivery, streaming services, gas stations, and EV charging stations, and 1 point on other eligible purchases.
If you like the US Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card, read our post about the application process below!
Apply for the US Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature
Check out how to apply for the US Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® card and start earning rewards and cash back today! Read on!
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
Understanding Annuities as an Investment: a guide for starters
If you're thinking about annuities as an investment but don't know where to start, take a look at this content. We'll tell you all about it.Keep Reading
Capital One Spark Miles for Business application: how does it work?
Here's everything you need to know about the Capital One Spark Miles for Business card application. Keep reading!Keep Reading
Three Arrows Capital defaulted a $670 million loan to Voyager Digital
Three Arrows Capital is one of the leading hedge funds, but the crypto market crash took its toll on the company. Learn more here!Keep Reading
You may also like
Walmart MoneyCard review: Prepaid debit card for Walmart shoppers
All you need to know about the Walmart MoneyCard is in our Walmart MoneyCard review. Find out if it's a good solution for your needs!Keep Reading
How do credit card miles work?
How do credit card miles work? Understand how to use your card to collect miles. Read on to learn more about it!Keep Reading
LendingPoint Personal Loan review: how does it work and is it good?
If you want a LendingPoint Personal Loan review, you've come to the right place. Keep reading to learn more about it!Keep Reading