Chase Slate Edge℠ review: Consolidate debt easily!
Struggling with multiple cards and debt payments? Check out our Chase Slate Edge℠ review and see how this card helps lower your debts!
Chase Slate Edge℠: Reduce your APR by about 2% every year!
Tired of handling multiple credit card accounts and keeping up with their payment dues, interest rates, and other fees? Then you might want to consider our Chase Slate Edge℠ review.
With an introductory 0% APR on balance transfers for 18 months, you can pay off debts without accruing more interest. Following up, see its features to decide if it’s the right choice.
- Credit Score: Good-Excellent.
- Annual Fee: $0.
- Purchase APR: 0% intro APR during the first 18 months on purchases and balance transfers, then after that, 20.49% – 29.24% variable APR.
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99%.
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable.
- Welcome Bonus: None.
- Rewards: None.
- Balance Transfer Fee: Intro BT fee of $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater in the first 60 days. After the intro period, either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Other fees: 3% foreign transaction fee, and either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater, for cash advances.
Chase Slate Edge℠: how does it work?
If you carry a balance on another credit card, the Chase Slate Edge℠ can help you avoid interest charges on your debt for 18 months.
During this time, you can make payments toward paying off your debt without incurring more debt through interest.
Additionally, if you want to make a new purchase, you’ll have a 0% APR offer to use for 18 months, which can be helpful if you need to buy something but don’t want to pay interest on it right away.
You will be redirected to another website
1. Lower Interest Rate for Paying on Time and Meeting a Spend Threshold
If you pay on time every month and spend a minimum of $1,000 on the card before the next account anniversary, you can qualify for a 2% reduction in your APR for the following year.
- Benefit: Incentive to use the card regularly and pay your balance on time to lower your interest rate further
2. Credit Limit Increase for Paying on Time and Meeting a Spend Threshold
Chase increases credit limits when you pay on time and spend $500 in the first six months.
- Benefit: It increases your credit utilization ratio and improves your credit score, as long as you don’t use the increased credit to accrue additional debt.
3. No Annual Fee
You don’t have to worry about paying an annual fee with the Chase Slate Edge℠.
4. Additional Benefits
The Chase Slate Edge℠ offers other benefits, such as fraud protection, purchase protection, and extended warranty coverage.
Additionally, cardholders can access free tools that help them monitor their FICO® credit score, track spending, and create a budget.
Chase Slate Edge℠: should you get one?
While the Chase Slate Edge℠ can be a good choice for financing a significant purchase or paying off current credit card debt interest-free, its benefits are limited to those particular scenarios.
So, we recommend you analyze the pros and cons before taking it.
- Start off strong with 0% Intro APR for 18 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers. A variable APR of 20.49% – 29.24% on balance transfers and purchases after the introductory period ends.
- Lower your interest rate by 2% each year. Automatically be considered for an APR reduction when you pay on time, and spend at least $1000 on your card by your next account anniversary.
- Raise your credit limit. Get an automatic, one-time review for a higher credit limit when you pay on time, and spend $500 in your first six months.
- All for no annual fee – You won’t have to pay an annual fee for all the great features that come with your Slate Edge card.
- Keep tabs on your credit health – Chase Credit Journey helps you monitor your credit with free access to your latest score, real-time alerts, and more.
- Member FDIC.
- Requires a high credit score;
- No rewards.
Credit score required
It’s recommended to have good or excellent credit to apply.
Chase Slate Edge℠ application: how to do it?
Did you enjoy our Chase® Slate Edge℠ review? Keep learning, and find out how to apply for this credit card in easy steps in our post below.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.
About the author / Suzana Brito
Red Arrow Loans review: how does it work and is it good?
Read our Read Arrow Loans review to learn more about this company and compare it to others in the market. Check it out!Keep Reading
American Express® Gold Card application: how does it work?
If you need a card to earn travel and shopping rewards, read on and learn about the application process for the American Express® Gold Card!Keep Reading
Surge® Platinum Mastercard® credit card application: how does it work?
A credit card can be the best choice to build your score. Read on to learn how to apply for the Surge® Platinum Mastercard® credit card!Keep Reading
You may also like
Choose the best flight deal for your next trip
Learn how to choose the best flight deal for your next trip. Save time and money with this travel guide! Check it out!Keep Reading
Apply for The American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
Follow this guide to apply for The American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card, and make the most out of your business expenses. Read on!Keep Reading
LoanPionner review: how does it work and is it good?
Get the info you need to access up to $5,000! Read this LoanPionner review and find out how to do it. Keep reading!Keep Reading