0% intro APR: Apply for Discover It® Student Cash Back Card
Looking to get the most out of student credit? Learn how to apply for Discover It® Student Cash Back Card, and boost your credit score - $0 annual fee!
The Simple Way to apply for the Discover It® Student Cash Back Card
Students, if this is your first credit card, don’t worry. You can apply for the Discover it® Student Cash Back Card without much.
Follow this guide to see what information you’ll need to provide and how to make your application in less than 5 minutes. Keep reading!
First, head to the Discover website and find the Discover it® Student Cash Back application page.
After that, you can pick a design of your preference at the top of the application page.
Then, you’ll properly start to fill up the application form. Don’t worry, you’ll simply have to provide the following:
You will be redirected to another website
1. Personal information
- Home address;
- Date of birth.
2. Education information
- Year in college: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Grad Student;
- The expected graduation date;
- Monthly housing/ rent payment;
- Total Gross Income;
- Email address.
Finally, read the terms and conditions carefully, and agree with them. Submit your application, and wait for a response. Easy, isn’t it?
Apply using the app
The application for Discover cards is not available in the Discover app. Visit the website and follow the guide above.
Discover It® Student Cash Back Card vs. Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
Student cards can be effective to start building credit and earning rewards.
On the one side, The Discover It® Student Cash Back Card offers 5% cash back on rotating categories and no annual fee.
Conversely, the Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card has a flatter 1.5% cash back rate, but it’s applied to all purchase.
To conclude, both options are good for students. So, choose the card that best fits your spending habits and priorities.
Check out the comparison of their standings below.
Discover It® Student Cash Back Card
- Credit Score: No credit score is required;
- Annual Fee: $0;
- Purchase APR: 0% intro APR for 6 months, then 18.24% – 27.74% Variable APR;
- Cash Advance APR: $10 or 5 of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater;
- Welcome Bonus: Unlimited Cashback Match: you’ll have your cash back match earned at the end of the first year to turn $50 into $100, for example;
- Rewards: Earn 5% cash back on rotating categories (up to $1,500/quarter) when activated and 1% on other purchases.
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Credit Score: Fair;
- Annual Fee: $0;
- Regular APR: 19.99% – 29.99% variable APR;
- Welcome bonus: Earn a one-time $50 cash bonus once you spend $100 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening;
- Rewards: Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase;
Ready to apply for the Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card? We can help you! Check out our post below for a guide.
About the author / Suzana Brito
Learn to apply for the Achieve Personal Loan (formerly FreedomPlus)
Looking to take out a personal loan? Learn how to apply for an Achieve Personal Loan and get access to funds quickly. Qualify for up to $50K.Keep Reading
Apply for Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card easily
Embrace convenience: Apply for the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card - up to 6 points on purchases and more! Read on!Keep Reading
Learn how to download the Dare App and manage your anxiety and stress
Find out how to download the Dare app to manage your anxiety issues and panic attacks. Keep reading to start!Keep Reading
You may also like
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card review
Want affordable travel? Our Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card review reveals how to earn points and travel more for less!Keep Reading
NetCredit Personal Loan review: how does it work and is it good?
Is a loan for bad credit for anyone? That's what we'll discuss in this NetCredit Personal Loan review. Enjoy free financial education!Keep Reading