Walmart MoneyCard® review: Perfect for Walmart shoppers
The Walmart MoneyCard® is here to make your life easier and your shopping experience better! Read our full review to learn more.
Walmart MoneyCard®: Get discounts at Walmart stores, website, and gas stations!
If you are a frequent Walmart shopper, then you should take a look at our Walmart MoneyCard® review. It’s a prepaid card full of benefits you can use in their stores.
With this reloadable card, you’ll get 3% cash back in most Walmart facilities, plus other rewards. Also, you won’t need a credit check or a checking account to apply for one!
- Credit Score: Available for all credit scores;
- Annual Fee: Monthly fees of $5.94 (waive the fee with a direct deposit – see terms);
- Regular APR: N/A;
- Welcome bonus: None currently;
- Rewards: 3% cash back at walmart.com; 2% cash back at Walmart fuel stations; 1% cash back at Walmart stores (reward valid for up to $75 each year).
Sounds good? Then keep reading our Walmart MoneyCard® review to learn more about it!
Walmart MoneyCard®: how does it work?
The Walmart MoneyCard® is Walmart’s reloadable prepaid debit card that offers a safer and more convenient way to shop in their stores. You can load different forms. Let’s have a look at them:
- Direct deposit: you can get your paycheck up to two days early with Direct Deposit. Activate this option on the cards’ app if you want to use it;
- Online transfer: you can also deposit using your bank’s regular transfers.
You will be redirected to another website
Walmart MoneyCard® Advantages
Once you know how to reload your Walmart MoneyCard®, let’s understand the advantages. First, you can waive the $5.49 monthly fee by making a $500 deposit.
Second, you can earn 2% APY (Annual percentage yields) interest on savings yearly.
Third, Walmart MoneyCard® rewards buyers with the following options for cash back: 3% at Walmart.com (online store), 1% cash back at Walmart stores, and 2% cash back at Walmart fuel stations.
Finally, you can activate four other free accounts for family members up to 13 years old.
Walmart MoneyCard® Fees
You can withdraw, pay bills, and get cash back at Walmart stores nationwide.
There are many things you can do with this card. Likewise, they charge different fees to enjoy these services. Check some of the most important ones:
- Activation fee: $1 one-time only;
- Monthly fee: $5.49 (can be waived);
- Withdrawal ATM: $2.50;
- ATM balance inquiry: $0.50;
- International transactions: 3% of the amount.
Furthermore, you’ll be able to use your Walmart MoneyCard® anywhere Visa or Mastercard debit cards are accepted in the USA.
Walmart MoneyCard®: should you get one?
The Walmart MoneyCard® is a great financial tool for anyone who frequently uses their services and wants an easier way to pay and still get rewards.
Next in our Walmart MoneyCard® review, we’ll go over some pros and cons so you can decide whether or not you should get the card.
- Waive your monthly fee when you direct deposit $500+ in previous monthly period. Otherwise, $5.94 a month.*
- Earn 3% cash back at Walmart.com, 2% cash back at Walmart fuel stations, & 1% cash back at Walmart stores, up to $75 each year.*
- Earn 2% interest rate on up to $1,000 balance in your savings account. Plus, get chances to win cash prizes each month!*
- Get peace of mind with three coverage levels, up to $200, for purchase transactions with opt-in & eligible direct deposit.*
- *Please see site for full terms and conditions.
- Many fees, especially if you buy out of Walmart locations.
Credit score required
The Walmart MoneyCard® is a prepaid debit card that doesn’t require a credit score. That means it’s an excellent option for people who don’t have good credit or who don’t want to use a credit card.
Walmart MoneyCard® application: how to do it?
You can apply to the Walmart MoneyCard® online. It’s easy and fast. Read our post below to understand how to do it.
What is a balance transfer credit card: is it a good idea?
Do you know what is a balance transfer credit card? Read this article to see how getting one can help you get your finances on track!Keep Reading
Choose the perfect loan for you: see the best options!
Wondering what to consider in a loan? Learn how to choose a loan, what to look for, and much more. Read on!Keep Reading
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card review
Check out this Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card review to learn all about its benefits, such as cash back and ZERO annual fee!Keep Reading
You may also like
Apply for Axos Bank Rewards Checking Account: simple and quick
Looking for easy checking account application? Discover how Axos Bank Rewards Checking Account process works, and start earning today.Keep Reading
What is a good credit score to rent a house?
Find out what is the minimum credit score to rent a house and make the renting process as smooth as possible! Keep reading and learn more!Keep Reading